VC Award for content that’s in the right gear
Our second Christmas Valuable Content Award goes to the brilliant Christain Tait who runs Creative Cadence here in Bristol. Christian is a cycling-mad, super-talented freelance graphic designer. His award is for consistently giving away great looking content that helps his clients.
Now Christian’s a designer, not a writer, and we know he doesn’t always find it easy to make the time to write, but he does it really well. We always enjoy his blogs as they talk about design from the business point of view.
Christian knows his clients aren’t worried about the finer intricacies of one font vs. another. They just want to work with a designer who is good to work with and who can communicate their brand really well. Christian listens hard and creates content that answers important client questions. What he creates is very practical, easy to read and intensely likeable. As you’d expect from a great designer, it’s always a joy to look at too!
We received his Christmas card yesterday and even that strikes the right balance between looking great, on brand and downright useful.
Congratulations Christian! We’re looking forward to more of your content in 2015. Your Valuable Content Award badge is on its way. Do send us a picture!
Takeaways from Christian
- Put your client first. Approach your content from their point of view, not yours.
- Write content that helps people see how easy you are to work with.
- Demonstrate that you understand their concerns.
- Share what you know in powerfully simple language.
Christian’s content highlights:
- Commissioning design? What terrifies you? – great question
- Creating and expressing brand values – great examples
- Cycling obsessions project – showcasing his design talent on this personal creative project
- 12 months, 12 learnings – who’d not want to work with this man!