Building valuable, lead generating websites
Web development – with an avowed focus on content
The Valuable Content team designs and builds valuable, high performing websites for our clients. By ’valuable’ we mean websites that do more than just provide general information on your company. We mean websites rich with content customers appreciate that consistently generate qualified leads.
The reason it works so well is because the websites we build are content driven and built with the customer in mind.
Here’s how we do it:
- We work with our clients to understand exactly what they offer, and precisely what their clients want from them. The two aren’t necessarily the same thing, so the message audit part of the process is really valuable for laying the foundations of a successful project.
- Once we’ve got the messages clear we’ll work with our specialist design team to create the branding and wireframe for the site.
- Alongside building the site comes writing the content. High performance websites need both readable and engaging web pages that distill your offer, and in depth thought leadership articles and library content that demonstrate your niche strength. Valuable Content has experts in both styles of writing and thinking, meaning our clients get websites that both pull people in, and keep them hooked.
- With copy loaded and pages completed, we move on to the next stage – letting the world know about your site.
- Social media - LinkedIn, blogging and Twitter are some of the most popular routes we use to spread the word. The Valuable Content team can teach you how to create this content yourself, or we can do it for you – we write blogs and newsletters for some clients, and we run social media training courses for others.
- Keeping in touch – Whichever way suits you best, we’ll work with you to create a stream of leads to your website, and help you keep in touch with customers until they’re ready to buy.
Valuable Content helped the management team of this outsourced payroll provider to redevelop and redesign their website. The site is now packed with valuable content for buyers of payroll services, including a resources section and jargon buster, blog, download, newsletter and social media feeds. It’s generated a huge increase in traffic and over 40 inbound leads a month for the business.
Step by step guide to creating a valuable website
Stage 1. Message audit. What’s your business USP? What are your customers looking for? What content will answer their questions? How can you help? We ask the questions and do the research, asking your customers for feedback.
Stage 2. Wireframe. Your website in skeleton form, designed around the way users will best experience your valuable content – a powerful web planning strategy that helps you construct a successful business website.
Stage 3. Branding. The distillation of your offer into memorable words and images. Much more than the look of your business, we’re talking about what your business sounds and feels like too. What makes you stand apart?
Stage 4. Site design and build. Let our web team created the right platform for your business, designed to reflect your unique proposition. Wordpress is our foundation of choice.
Stage 5. Writing the content. Creating really readable web copy is a Valuable Content speciality. We’re equally skilled at writing excellent library and cornerstone content (from case studies to whitepapers and even business books) - the kind that underlines your area of expertise and reinforces your niche. If you’ve done this yourself you’ll know it’s often the hardest task of all.
Stage 6. Spreading the word and keeping in touch. Joining it all up. High performing websites work hard to keep the leads coming in – using email, newsletters, social media and direct contact. Our team can do this for you, or give you the skills and confidence to do it yourself.
If you want a hardworking website that generates leads and develops your business, talk to us. Contact Sonja Jefferson on 07974 398906 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to help.
“Sonja was recommended to me by a colleague to project manage the design and implementation of the Purple Orange web site. Sonja is personable, knowledgeable, professional and shows a real enthusiasm and interest in what she delivers for her clients. She and the Valuable Content team have definitely made the launch of the web site happen and driven and encouraged me to keep on track. I recommend them to anyone who is looking to introduce or change a web site, get feedback from clients to write case studies and help promote your business.” Claire Alston, MD, Purple Orange www.purple-orange.co.uk