Bristol Content Group
Come and join Bristol’s passionate and growing content community for a monthly meet up. Connect and learn from fellow enthusiasts, creators, writers and marketers around the city.
Next Content Group meet up:
- Next meet up be arranged. Sign up here and we’ll let you know as soon as it’s arranged.
Sign up for the group and we’ll send you details of the next event.
Why Bristol Content Group?
- Because great content is fast becoming the focus of all successful marketing.
- Because Bristol is the home of many talented content writers, thinkers, designers, artists, marketers, technologists and film makers – all working to produce outstanding content that gets results.
- Because if we all work together, share knowledge and learn then we can make Bristol the destination of choice for outstanding content in all its formats.
Move over Silicon Valley, let’s make Bristol Content Gorge!
What do we talk about?
We meet every 2-3 months somewhere in the city. Recent topics have included:
- The Great Big Content Skills Debate (November 2016) – What content/writing skills do businesses need today – and how can we as an industry provide them? Great write up from Craig at Blue Scribe Media here.
- Confident content – fascinating talk from Doug Kessler of Velocity in the Planetarium (you’ll find a mindmap summary of the talk here thanks to David Gilroy
- Instagram workshop from head honcho of IGers Bristol – Jessica Siggers @Porthess.
- How to write a seductive blog – the brilliant Henneke Duistermaat gave a highly practical workshop on content writing
- Selling with content – Bryony Thomas and Trevor Lever held a workshop onhow to use valuable content to drive every step of the sale
- The Future of Websites – talk from leading web thinkers Newfangled, live-streamed from the US
- Content Marketing – fad or fundamental? A panel discussion ft. copywriting supremo Andy Maslen
Plans for future events include more valuable guest speakers and workshops for the group – as well as a chance to network and get social of course!
Who is this for?
Hosted by Sonja Jefferson and Sharon Tanton of Valuable Content. Open to content creators, thinkers and businesses who champion great content.
The group includes content marketing professionals, writers, designers, UX, SEO, web designers/developers, film makers, marketers and businesses who believe in the power of content to promote what they do.
How to get involved:
Sign up to the Bristol Content Group and we’ll keep you up to date with events.
Hope to see you there.