Bristol Content Group
Come and join Bristol’s passionate and growing content community for fascinating meet ups and discussions. Connect and learn from fellow strategists, creators, writers, marketers and content enthusiasts around the city.
Next Content Group meet up:
The next Bristol Content Group meet up will be held in January 2019. Ideas forming.
Subscribe to the group email list and we’ll send you details of the next event as soon as invitations go live.
Why Bristol Content Group?
- Because content is the focus of all successful marketing and a catalyst for exciting business change. Transform your content, transform your business.
- Because Bristol is the home of many talented content writers, thinkers, designers, artists, marketers, technologists and filmmakers – all working to produce outstanding content that gets results.
- Because if we all work together, share knowledge and learn then we can make Bristol the destination of choice for outstanding content in all its formats.
Move over Silicon Valley, let’s make Bristol Content Gorge!
What do we talk about?
We meet every 2-3 months somewhere in the city. Recent topics have included:
- Change leadership skills for content, marketing, and digital leads – (November 2018). So many lessons from internal comms and people change coach Jo Twiselton to make change stick so our projects more successful
- Content as a catalyst for change – The Met Office’s content-fuelled change journey (October 2017). The Met Office has made huge strides when it comes to digital. Simon Swan, digital transformation lead at the Met Office shared what he’s learned on the journey, and how content has played a big part.
- The Great Big Content Skills Debate (November 2016) – What content/writing skills do businesses need today – and how can we as an industry provide them? Great write up from Craig at Blue Scribe Media here.
- Confident content – fascinating talk from Doug Kessler of Velocity in the Planetarium (you’ll find a mindmap summary of the talk here thanks to David Gilroy
- Instagram workshop from head honcho of IGers Bristol – Jessica Siggers @Porthess.
- How to write a seductive blog – the brilliant Henneke Duistermaat gave a highly practical workshop on content writing
- Selling with content – Bryony Thomas and Trevor Lever held a workshop onhow to use valuable content to drive every step of the sale
- The Future of Websites – talk from leading web thinkers Newfangled, live-streamed from the US
- Content Marketing – fad or fundamental? A panel discussion ft. copywriting supremo Andy Maslen
Plans for future events include more valuable guest speakers and workshops for the group – as well as a chance to network and get social of course!
Who is this for?
Open to all content strategists, creators, thinkers and businesses who champion great content.
The group includes content professionals, marketers, writers, designers, UX, SEO, web designers/developers, film makers and businesses who believe in the power of content and want to learn more.
Hosted by Sonja Jefferson and Sharon Tanton of Valuable Content.
How to get involved:
Sign up to the Bristol Content Group email list and we’ll keep you up to date with events.
Hope to see you there.
Join our group (it’s free)